Maxi Designs ~ Handmade

Maxi Designs ~ Handmade

I have a passion not only for writing, but for designing and creating items by hand. I'm professional trained as an Interior designer FdA with Distinction. My other strengths are in the needle work area, which I'm fine tuning with a seamstress course at present. But I also like working with beads, Jewellery making, drawing, and in I love particularly making my own gifts.

Anyone who knows me personally, will know that I've always got a design project of some sort in the making!

And for the first time, I'm going to share some of these projects with you..... it's very nerve raking, because it's quite a personal thing, an item you've made by your own hand. But I hope you enjoy seeing them, half as much as, I've enjoyed making them!

I thought also, I would do some design mood boards too. Of styles, designs or even unusual designs or items, which have inspired me. And maybe they will inspire you along the way too...

Friday 1 August 2014

Winne the Pooh and Friends.



Winnie the Pooh.

One of children's old nursery pictures.  



I made this, and others, while pregnant with my daughter, who is now 14 years old, for her nursery.  This is counted cross stitch, my favoured needle work method!  Sadly this and the others, are now sitting in my old crafts box.  Maybe one day they can hang on another nursery wall.... now that is a terrifying thought! lol     




(I've tried to zoom in so you can see the detail better!)






 I have to say, I do have a soft spot for Winne the Pooh and his friends.












No comments:

Post a Comment