Maxi Designs ~ Handmade

Maxi Designs ~ Handmade

I have a passion not only for writing, but for designing and creating items by hand. I'm professional trained as an Interior designer FdA with Distinction. My other strengths are in the needle work area, which I'm fine tuning with a seamstress course at present. But I also like working with beads, Jewellery making, drawing, and in I love particularly making my own gifts.

Anyone who knows me personally, will know that I've always got a design project of some sort in the making!

And for the first time, I'm going to share some of these projects with you..... it's very nerve raking, because it's quite a personal thing, an item you've made by your own hand. But I hope you enjoy seeing them, half as much as, I've enjoyed making them!

I thought also, I would do some design mood boards too. Of styles, designs or even unusual designs or items, which have inspired me. And maybe they will inspire you along the way too...

Saturday 26 July 2014

Handmade Quilted Hot Water Bottle Cover, in Cath Kidson Fabric!


Handmade Quilted
Hot Water Bottle Cover
using...
Cath Kidson Material! 



Last saturdays little sewing project...






England is still in the middle of a heat wave, and I appear to have made another thing, which is unusable in this heat... maybe I'm secretly wishing the colder wear back! lol 
This is a handmade hot water bottle cover, using Cath Kidston spotted duck cotton fabric. 
It's really just a very simple design, and I think maybe all my family members maybe receive one of these for christmas! lol 
Just in case you are wondering what duck cotton is, 
Cotton duck (from Dutch: doek, "linen canvas"), also simply duck, sometimes duck cloth or duck canvas, commonly called "canvas" outside the textile industry, is a heavy, plain woven cotton fabric. There is also linen duck, which is less often used.
















































No comments:

Post a Comment