Maxi Designs ~ Handmade

Maxi Designs ~ Handmade

I have a passion not only for writing, but for designing and creating items by hand. I'm professional trained as an Interior designer FdA with Distinction. My other strengths are in the needle work area, which I'm fine tuning with a seamstress course at present. But I also like working with beads, Jewellery making, drawing, and in I love particularly making my own gifts.

Anyone who knows me personally, will know that I've always got a design project of some sort in the making!

And for the first time, I'm going to share some of these projects with you..... it's very nerve raking, because it's quite a personal thing, an item you've made by your own hand. But I hope you enjoy seeing them, half as much as, I've enjoyed making them!

I thought also, I would do some design mood boards too. Of styles, designs or even unusual designs or items, which have inspired me. And maybe they will inspire you along the way too...

Friday 12 September 2014

Colourful Patch Work Quilted Blanket.

Colourful Patch Work Quilted Blanket


 Handmade by Maxi Designs, Romance Author Maxi Shelton. 





Hi there, I hope you all had a great summer?  My kids are finally back to school, but I have to say, I do really enjoy having them around over the break.  And I know our little Westie, Emma, loves the kids being home.  

I know, I haven't posted a blog in a while, sorry about that. But it doesn't mean, I haven't been creating new projects.  Me with out a project, or two on the go, is completely unheard of.  In fact my family, may think I'm ill, or something, if I'm not making something! lol

One of my projects this holiday, was to create a present, for my dear friends birthday.  Who is one of those people, who has everything, and just that little bit tricky to come up with new ideas for.  But this year, I sent a package full of comfort, and homemade love.  

This Colourful Patchwork Quilted Blanket.       




I've photographed it on my sons spare bed, so you can get a better idea of the size. 








The problem now is of course, both of my kids have placed their own orders, for a quilted blanket of their own, after see this one! lol




No comments:

Post a Comment