Maxi Designs ~ Handmade

Maxi Designs ~ Handmade

I have a passion not only for writing, but for designing and creating items by hand. I'm professional trained as an Interior designer FdA with Distinction. My other strengths are in the needle work area, which I'm fine tuning with a seamstress course at present. But I also like working with beads, Jewellery making, drawing, and in I love particularly making my own gifts.

Anyone who knows me personally, will know that I've always got a design project of some sort in the making!

And for the first time, I'm going to share some of these projects with you..... it's very nerve raking, because it's quite a personal thing, an item you've made by your own hand. But I hope you enjoy seeing them, half as much as, I've enjoyed making them!

I thought also, I would do some design mood boards too. Of styles, designs or even unusual designs or items, which have inspired me. And maybe they will inspire you along the way too...

Wednesday 2 July 2014

Handmade Wedding Hair Accessories




Handmade

Wedding Hair Accessories 


I found myself at a loss, for which Handmade project I should share with you first.  On one hand, I wanted to just post them all, then on the other, I find myself wanting to hide away from away.  It really does make me feel nervous sharing these handmade items with you.  Normally only a select few ever get to see anything I've made, either because it's a gift to that person, or I've happen to leave it out on my work table, and someones happened to come across it!  

*Deep breath, I can do this...*   

So I though maybe for my first Maxi Designs blog, I should start with a pretty sparkly bang...  Handmade Wedding Hair Accessories

These aren't the accessories I worn on my wedding day, these are just something I made only recently.  Typical old me, I just fancied having a go at making one... and this was the result of my first try.  

I'm really quite pleased myself. 





The glare from its sparkly-ness, makes it hard to see the details, so I'm going to post this photo too, on just a plain background. 



Now of course, I have no idea what to do with these wedding hair accessories, since I'm already married myself, and it's possibly over the top to wear these myself to someone else's wedding...! lol.  Oh well back into my box they go! 







No comments:

Post a Comment